THE ONLY WAY IS PUG CAFE™
The official Pug Cafe™ is back in Southend for a HUGE pug pawty! Our last event in Essex was pre-pandemic so come and join us for a day of PUGS, freedom, treats, good music, food and drinks a-plenty. Plus, we’ll be rolling out the Pop + Bark Pupuccino Bar!All pugs, pug crosses, owners & pug lovers welcome…
Whether you have been to our previous Pug Cafe events or a complete newbie, we know you’ll absolutely love this event. It’s a chance to spoil your dog, socialise (safely), meet lots of pugs and pug lovers, make friends and be part of an exciting, buzzing experience. Join us for…
- Essex’s FIRST Pug Cafe since 2019 – it’s going to be EPIC!
- Lots of puggy fun & cuddles (all pugs and pug crosses welcome)
- 80 minute ‘off lead’ social experience for pugs and humans
- Open to Pug Lovers too – those without their own pug in tow!
- Free Puguccinos worth £3.50 from the famous Pop + Bark mobile Pupuccino Bar
- Awesome LOVE themed event with lots of cute shareable moments
- Large indoor venue for safe socialising in a weatherproof setting
- NEW Designated ‘Chill Zone’ for nervous or older pugs
- Doggy Bakery by Rudi’s the Doggy Bakery
- Mini market by Little Gems Pawdrobe
- Delicious human menu of cuban-inspired food, coffees, cocktails & more
- Heaps of fun photo opportunities for you and your pug!
Please note this is a ticketed event and you must buy / order tickets for every person or dog attending – even if they’re free.
This is the ultimate feel-good event for all pugs, owners and dog lovers alike. We all know how much pugs love to meet other pugs so why not treat them to their Best Day Ever. An exciting day out, lots to sniff and explore on the journey there, a land full of treats and zoomies with fellow pugs AND whole lot of attention and fuss from our dog-loving guests. Its a pug’s dream day out!
If your sweet little pug has been by your side throughout the pandemic, treat them to a visit to the Pug Cafe – they will absolutely love it! We have so many returning guests to our events because they have the time of their lives. We have a saying here… if the pugs are happy, everyone’s happy! So let’s get this party started…
You can bring any well-behaved pug (or just the right side of naughty!) – big or small, pedigree or mixed breed, puppy or golden oldie. We love all pugs so if your dog is a pug cross then you’re welcome!
THE BEST THING IN ALL THIS?
You don’t need to own a pug to come and enjoy lots of puggy cuddles and licks. So whether you have previously had a pug and miss them so, or you long for your own… or just love love love dogs, this is the event for you. Imagine being in a room full of off-lead adorable pugs all wanting lots of love and attention. There’s no happier place to be!
Our dog cafes have had rave reviews from the likes of Time Out, The Telegraph, Lad Bible and more… making it official, we host the biggest and the BEST experience for any dog lover! Its the perfect present for your dog-loving friend or partner. Just check out our video below and all our event videos to get excited for your visit…
Revolution is a large, spacious venue with plenty of space for humans and pugs alike to move around freely. Making it safer during these times! We also encourage pugs to be let off lead to enjoy their time at the event but don’t worry we have dog-safety gates in use to it’s safe for them to roam. We will be there on the Sunday 13th March and the Pug time slot will be at 12:40pm – with more time slots released upon demand.
Your tickets cover entry to this event only but your dog will get a free new and improved Puguccino with biscuit topper worth £3.50 and they are welcome to do the sniff test and choose from a host of tasty toppings including pink pupcorn sprinkles, doggy jazzies, blueberries and more. We’ll be rolling out our brand new Pop + Bark Pupuccino Bar so your pug can get the VIP treatment. Just take a look…
There’ll also be a Doggy Bakery selling freshly baked Pupcakes, Dognuts, Dog-friendly Cookies and more. Your pug will be spoilt for choice! We always allow the sniff test too to see which treat they’ll want..
Meanwhile, Revolution will be serving the best of their humans drinks and brunch and lunch dishes from their famous avocado smash on sourdough to their ‘naughty’ mac and cheese, diner-style burgers and more. There’ll also be delicious coffees, sweet treats and puds. Not forgetting their signature cocktails, beers, spritzes and everything in-between. Sit kick back with some food, raise a glass and let’s have an amazing time!
All well-behaved pugs are welcome, but there are some doggy do’s and dont’s:
- Do bring your friendly, well socialised & vaccinated pug
- Do feel free to let your pug off lead once inside
- Do keep a close watch over your pug as they remain your responsibility
- Don’t leave dog mess behind – bag and bin it
- Don’t bring aggressive dogs – if they harm another dog or person it will be your liability
- Don’t bring dogs in season – for the safety of themselves and dogs attending
For nervous dogs or older dogs we have a brand new Chill Zone; quieter place to sit where you can enjoy the experience at a calmer pace. Please note, we do not allocate seats so if you would like to sit here please arrive a little earlier to make sure you are ahead in the queue.
There’ll be lots of fun and colourful photo opportunities for the insta-savvy pug! A competition will run all day and if you upload a winning social photo or video of your dog enjoying the café you’ll be in with a chance of winning a pawsome prize. Remember its good vibes only… so make your photos as joyful and fun as possible!
Our previous breed specific events in Essex have been extremely popular so we advise getting your tickets as soon as possible. We now sell tickets via a ticketing platform so you’ll be able to secure your tickets in just moments – hurrah, no more waiting!
Even though lockdown and social distancing restrictions have lifted, we will be taking all appropriate safety measures and have worked closely with the venue to ensure that this dog cafe will be safe to go ahead. This includes:
- Utilising a large indoor area with well spaced out seating plan
- Doors open to allow for fresh air during turnaround periods
- Multiple hand sanitising stations
- Props to be sanitised and cleaned regularly
- Reduced numbers per time slot to allow for more space
In our commitment to hosting safe events, we ask guests that are coming to be completely free of any Covid-19 symptoms. Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. Furthermore, we suggest you take a Lateral Flow test (available from the NHS for free) prior to attending to ensure you do not have Covid-19. Results will not be checked on the day, but we do advise you do this to keep yourself and others safe.
T&Cs of attending:
- Pugs coming to the event must be friendly, well socialised and up to date with their vaccinations. If your dog is showing aggression towards other dogs or humans you will be asked to leave.
- Pug Cafe is the event and Pop + Bark are the organisers. Pop + Bark and Revolution take no responsibility for your pug or its actions, you must keep them safe and if your pug harms another dog or person it will fall under your own liability.
- Pug owners are welcome to let their pug off lead but must take responsibility for their safety and actions.
- Please check your Pet Insurance to ensure your pug is covered for public liability in the event they harm another dog or person. Should you bring more than one pug, ensure you have enough people to care responsibly them – suggested dog to human ratio is 2:1
- If you or your pug are harmed by someone else’s dog you must resolve the matter with the dog’s owner – Pug Cafe and Revolucion de Cuba take no responsibility for the actions of the dogs attending.
- This is a ticketed event. Every human and dog is required to have a ticket to attend even if they are free.
- You must purchase the correct ticket to attend. If you are bringing a pug in your booking you are all classed as ‘Pug Owners’ and should be in possession of Pug Owner tickets and in attendance with a pug.
- If you are not bringing a pug with you to the event in your booking you must buy a Pug Lover ticket.
- All children must be accounted for – children 16 or under are charged a reduced rate and children 6 or under are free but you must still order a ticket for them.
- All pugs must be accounted for – you must purchase a ticket for your pug (they are free) do not attend without a ticket for your pug. If you attend and do not bring a pug with you but have purchased a Pug Owner or Guest ticket it will be at the discretion of the organisers as to whether you are allowed in – you will be required to pay the additional costs to convert your ticket to a Pug Lover ticket plus a service fee.
- There is a No Refund policy in place however you may transfer your ticket to a friend or family member in the event you cannot attend. If you are unable to attend and give us sufficient notice, we may be able to transfer your tickets to a future event but this is at the discretion of Pop + Bark.
- If the event should be cancelled you will receive a refund minus the booking fee paid to TicketTailor. The booking fee is £0.50 per paid ticket. There is no booking fee for free tickets (Pug tickets or Children 6 or under)
- Pugs receive a free Puguccino and Pug Lovers receive a free bag of dog treats but all other food and drinks for humans and dogs are payable – the ticket covers entry only.
- This event is for Pugs and Pug crosses only please do not bring dogs of other breeds.
- We reserve the right to amend, reschedule or cancel the event at any time.